Buying a home is an extremely fun process when done properly. Below is the 10 step process in which a buyer will experience when purchasing a home. This process can take between 30 to 60 days to complete.
- Your first step whether buying or selling is to ensure financing. Setup an appointment with your local mortgage loan officer to get "pre-approved" for a loan.
- Determine what you want/need in a home and evaluate that compared to what you can afford.
Look at Properties
- Keep in mind the aspects of a home that are important for your needs and wants. Also, keep an open mind to your agents suggestions as they are open to yours.
- An offer conveys your interest to seller in the form of price and terms. Keep in mind that some sellers may require a monetary deposit and/or pre-approval letter.
- When negotiating, keep in mind the best price and terms are considered "fair to all concerned". Finding a common ground for both buyer and seller will allow for smooth negotiating.
- A whole house and/or any component of a home can be inspected. Typically inspections need to be completed within 7-14 days of contract acceptance.
- Your lender will order an appraisal to ensure the loan value of your home is in line with the homes current value. Also, some government loan will require an appraiser to conduct a compliance inspection to ensure the home meets the government loan criteria.
Home Owners Insurance
- Usually a full year premium will be required to be paid in full prior to closing the loan. Closing Company and/or Mortgage Loan Officer may need a copy of paid invoice.
- An attorney will verify that you will be granted a free and clear title/deed to the property.
- Buyer(s) and Seller(s) will sign all required documents and monies will be exchanged.